In 2020 we’re all looking for the next big adventure but can’t afford to bankrupt ourselves to do it. Luckily for us, there are a number of sites we can use to book our next trip and get it for a bargain!
There are a great number of places to book flights alone. Most of the time using generic comparison sites is the cheapest option. However, you can sometimes get a good deal if you go direct through the airline.
Here are the sites we use most regularly:
- Google Flights
- Sky Scanner, this is the one we use the most
- Ryan Air
- Jet 2
- Go Euro, this site is great for buses too.
With finding the perfect place to stay, you honestly can’t beat using comparison sites. They really do always offer you the best deals.
These are the sites we use when booking our adventures:
- Booking.com, we have used this one so regularly that we often get free nights and discounted rates because we are ‘genius’ members
- Trivago, not always the cheapest but sometimes has good deals
- Air BnB
- Travel Supermarket
- Kayak, can often get decent package holidays
- Jet 2 holidays
- Late rooms
When booking any adventure, the best website to have open is TripAdvisor, especially when booking accommodation. Its very easy to make a hotel look nice on photos, but there could be so many hidden problems!
Now you know where to look, here are my top tips for bagging those cheap adventures:
- Shop around as much as possible. The best deals come to those who hunt for them.
- Try and use incognito browsing when looking as this can help the prices stay low.
- Keep your options open. Sometimes flying midweek can be much cheaper, or having a stop over in another place can sometimes work out for the better.
- Just book it, life is too short to not fill it with all the adventures you can. Just book the flights, get on the plane and go!
Happy Travels Everyone!