From the 12th April 2021, the government have outlined the next phase of the lockdown lifting on the road to freedom on the 21st June. Here is everything you need to know about Step 2: 12th April.
If you want to read the roadmap youself, the link for it is here: Roadmap Link. Please note that I have coppied some of the text from that website so I do not interpret anything incorrectly.
- Non-essential retail, personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons, and public buildings, such as libraries and community centres, will reopen.
The shops, I have not particulary missed. However the hairdressers! If I have to give either myself or my boyfriend one more lockdown haircut, one of us is going to lose an ear!!
Other than the typical fashion and highstreet retail, here are some others who will be opening soon:
The National Glass Centre Shop
Opens Friday April 16th
Opening times will be Friday and Saturday 10am – 4pm.
Have a look on their socials for more information
The Museum and Winter Gardens Shop
Opens Monday 12th April
Opening times will be Monday – Saturday 10am – 4pm
Check their website for more details
- Most outdoor attractions and settings, including zoos, and theme parks, will also reopen although wider social contact rules will apply in these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households. Drive-in cinemas and drive-in performances will also be permitted.
Here is a list of Zoos, Farms and Theme Parks within 2 hour drive from Sunderland. I am very excited for the possibility of going back to a theme park or a zoo. Especially after not being to one in over a year!
For drive in Cinemas, have a look at Daisy Dukes Drive in Cinema who have screening in various places across the North East.
- Indoor leisure facilities, such as gyms and swimming pools, will also reopen – but only for use by people on their own or with their household.
As many of the swimming pools in the city are Everyone Active, here is their website to check their reopening dates. Personally, I am not one of those people who will be rushing back to the gyms on day 1. However, I know this will be the top of many peoples priorities!
- Hospitality venues can serve people outdoors only. There will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcohol, and no curfew – although customers must order, eat and drink while seated.
Here is a list of places that will be catering to the Rule of 6, Where to go in Sunderland. Going back to the pubs will be very welcome! I do worry that they will be very busy for the first few weeks though.
- Self-contained accommodation, such as holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.
Have a look at these posts to plan your 2021 staycation:
– Best Spots in Northern England for a Summer 2021 Staycation
– 50+ places in Northumberland you need to visit in 2021
– North East Adventures
I am definately hoping to get away to somewhere like this as soon as possible! A weekend away would be very welcome right about now!
SO what do you think will be the first thing that you do when this second phase of lockdown lifting comes about? For me, the main thing I am excited about is simply being able to socialise a bit more again! Simply being able to go and see my family in a beer garden or go for a day out with them will be enough for me!
Stay Safe, Happy Adventuring
Want to feature on Mackemlife? Whether it be my blog, facebook page or instagram, I am always looking for new businesses to work with. If you are interested make sure to have a look at my Work With Me page and get in contact with me!
Jesmond Dene is a beautiful woodland area just outside of Newcastle. It serves as a great park and place to escape the city as well as there being regular events going on. Here is your ultimate guide to visiting! Before I get into it, if you enjoy this kind of post and want to see […]
Seaham Hall is an award-winning Spa and Hotel in Seaham, County Durham. They have started running sessions with Hayley Dorian, a cold water exposure coach, teaching and demonstrating the Wim Hof method. I was kindly invited along to the event which makes this post an AD as I did not pay for my visit and […]
While most places will be closed across the country for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth, there will be some places still open. For those who don’t want to stay at home, for whatever reasons that might be, I wanted to put this list together so those people know they have somewhere to go across Sunderland. […]